Saturday 3 September 2011

Clothing - Too Big!

I went to the closet this morning to look for something to wear and nothing fit.  The dress I wore to my brother's wedding just last month - too big.  I started to go through the tops and one by one they were folded and put in a basket.  Some items I hadn't even worn yet.  Others only barely.  I finally found a t-shirt that is loose by fitting better than all the rest and a pair of Capri pants I haven't worn in 5 years or more.  Gone are all my 24's and 22's and some of my 20's.  All 4x and 3x and 2x!  Surgery was only 12 days ago and I know I have been dropping weight daily but I never expected this!

My hubby went into the attic and brought down three rubber maid boxes containing my smaller clothes.  Sizes 20, 18 and a few 16.  Wonder what I'll find in there?  It's kind of fun to open them up and see what I thought was so important to hang on to all these years.  Scary, too!

The first place I want to shop at?  La Vie en Rose!  I want to buy pretty unmentionables from them!  Ha ha!  I have never been able to fit into pretty unmentionables from anywhere!  I have ogled that store envying the cute little sleep sets, etc. for years and dreamed of being able to fit into something from there!  One day, I told myself.  One day.

Do you know what else I like?  The handkerchief dresses!  So adorable!  It's exciting to know that soon I can shop again... only not from Omar the Tent Maker!

Well, off to go through the rest of the boxes and see if I can some kind of wardrobe out of them for the next few weeks anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment