Tuesday 13 December 2011

I must say that going to the company Christmas party was a treat.  I was a little apprehensive to go, like usual.  Found a cute sparkly top and my leather jacket and away we went.  It really feels good to have people come up to me and be all happy for me and my weight loss, but I get a little frustrated, too.  I had a few people ask me how I did it and they turned their nose up at the word 'surgery'  Like it was a dirty word.  Too bad!  It is the tool I chose to help me succeed.  (Yes, one woman was extremely skinny).  

I'm not ashamed of my decision to have surgery.  I am proud of it!  What I truly dislike is when someone asks and then rolls their eyes at me.  Don't ask me if you don't really want to know.  I am figuring these are the people that are not really friends.  Or even good acquaintances.  Probably have a lot of negative things to say regardless of the answer I give.  Pfft!  Whatever!  I didn't do this for them.  I did this for me.  For my hubby and my family.  I did this to be well!  

I met up with another woman, whom I hadn't seen in maybe ten years and she told me she had bariactric surgery the month before me!  We sat together for a bit comparing notes and how happy we feel now and all the wonderful little victories we have experienced.  We are both down more than 70 pounds!  How very cool to meet someone else that is excited!

1 comment:

  1. Anyone who rolls their eyes obviously has never had weight issues. They don't know the strength it takes to have the surgery and succeed afterwards. Your real friends are behind you 100% and no one else matters. I love watching your waist shrink and your smile widen. So proud of your accomplishment Shirley!

    ReplyDelete