Monday 10 October 2011

Hiking

Hiking...who knew?  I love it!  Today, we went for a lovely drive out to the Scarecrow Invasion in a town along the coast, and then to hike up to a look off over the valley.  It was only about three kilometers in and I had the dog with me who seemed to go rather quickly, pulling me along and up the hill.  Over rocks and tree roots with no benches except one at the top.  What a beautiful view!  The trees are changing colour with the season!  Reminded me of a mountain top we used to live on a long time ago!

A couple of months ago, I wouldn't have even attempted this hike, let alone up the hill.  Today, no pain in my legs, knees, hips or feet!  Wow!  What happens when you shed 48 pounds!  I took a bottle of water along and made sure to drink lots.  JR fell asleep as soon as we got back to the car, but not me!  And here I sit, hours later and still awake.  And no pain!

OH, the freedom!  I am so getting my life back!  Disney... I am not far from enjoying all that I can from you...

No comments:

Post a Comment